InterContinental London Park Lane
Who we are
This Privacy Notice is issued by InterContinental London Park Lane (or, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice), and covers information collected and used by us in the course of our business. This Privacy Notice only covers our property’s practices; as an IHG-branded hotel, your information will also be collected and used by InterContinental Hotels Group (“IHG”). If you would like to learn more about IHG’s use of your personal information, please visit the IHG website or the IHG privacy statement at ihg.com.
Information we collect
Information We Collect Directly From You:
The type of information that we collect from or about you varies based on your interaction with our website and services and includes:
- Reservation Information: Your name, email address, home and business address, phone number, nationality and payment card information.
- Stay Preferences: Information such as stay and room preferences made during the course of your reservation such as your preferred room type and specific requests to the hotel.
- Customer Service Inquiries: We collect information from you when you make an inquiry with us, such as inquiries regarding on-property events, including your name, contact information, and information about the event you are planning.
- Contests/Promotions: if you choose to participate in one of our competitions or sweepstakes, sign up on property to receive our newsletters or other special offers and promotions, or participate in one of our other services, we collect your name, contact information, and other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information We Collect from Other Entities:
- IHG: If you make a reservation through IHG central reservations, IHG provides us with sufficient information to handle your reservation at our property. Please note that IHG does not provide us with access to all of your contact information or all of your IHG Rewards Club data. As a result, we may request additional information from you (e.g., your email address) if you would like a copy of your folio.
- Your Employer/Sponsor/Other Payor of Your Account/Travel Agent: We also obtain information about you from other parties if you do not make the reservation with us directly or if you are not the responsible payor on your account.
- Other Guests: if you are a guest of one of our registered guests, we may collect information about you from the guest.
- Online sources, such as websites, social media and information sharing platforms: This information may be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively, as we know many of our customers use a range of media channels to communicate and share information. If you use our hotel wifi we may collect certain information such as the information requested when you register to use the service and device information.
- Social Media Features: We may use various social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button on our websites. Certain information may be shared or otherwise provided to us through your use of these features in conjunction with our services and programs. Subject to your account and privacy settings, we may also be able to see information that you post when using these social media platforms whether or not you are using one of our services. In some instances, depending on the circumstances, we may contact you on these social media platforms. The information you post on social media sites as well as the controls surrounding these disclosures are governed by the respective policies of the social media site where you posted.
Information We Collect Automatically:
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your reservation request and to enhance your stay.
- For customer service purposes.
- To send you newsletters (upon your request).
- Consistent with applicable law, for marketing.
- To determine the success of our marketing campaigns.
- To protect our rights and interests and the rights and interests of other parties.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- For legal purposes, including to respond to requests from law enforcement.
- For fraud prevention.
- To evaluate the use of our website and to improve the usage of our website. For example, we may review which features of our website are most popular. We also may review your feedback to help us determine how to improve our website.
Sharing Your Information
We share your personal information with:
- IHG: If you make a reservation directly with our property, we will share your reservation information as well as information regarding your stay, with IHG, which manages the global reservation system for our hotel.
- Service Providers: entities that assist us in the provision of services and that help us improve our products and services. For example, we may share data collected about you online with online advertisers and entities that assist us in our digital marketing.
- We also share your personal information, which may include information about your stay with us, with other entities in circumstances such as:
o when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of hotel guests, employees, the public or our property;
o when disclosure is required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, warrant or legal process; or
o in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other corporate transaction.
- Other IHG-branded hotels: If we are unable to service your request or if we think a sister property may be able to provide you with appropriate service, we may share your contact information with the other hotel.
- Overbook Situations: If we are oversold, we may share your contact information with a different hotel for the purpose of reserving a room for you at the other property.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
What is a cookie: A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember as well as obtain information about that party. You might be assigned a cookie when visiting our website. In some instances, where permitted under the applicable law, cookies may also be used for the purposes of certain email campaigns. To learn more about cookies and how they are used, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
What types of cookies we use and how we use them:
Our cookies: We use service providers to help us manage our website and to manage, carry out and improve our advertising. These parties set cookies at our direction to help us collect information and provide you with advertisements that we believe would be relevant for you. These parties may also assist us by providing certain statistical and analytics information in relation to our marketing practices. We also may share information collected through cookies (and other tracking technologies) with these service providers for their own analytics and marketing purposes.
Managing cookies and opting out: You can choose to visit our website without cookies, but in some cases certain services, features and functionality may not be available. To visit without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
For more information regarding targeted advertisements and/or to opt out of automatic collection for targeted advertising purposes, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. If you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser or mobile device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or browsers, you will need to opt out each browser or device that you use.
Other technologies: Other technologies such as pixels and web beacons may also be used on our website, in email messages and in other areas of our business. These technologies are used to improve our products and services and our marketing efforts.
Targeted advertising: We and our service providers may serve targeted advertisements through the use of first-party or third-party cookies, pixels and web beacons when you visit our website or visit websites owned by other entities. In some instances, these cookies may be persistent cookies. As described above, we and our service providers may also use cookie and other information to try to identify other devices and web browsers that you may use so we and our service providers may serve targeted advertisements to those devices. We do this to provide you with advertising that we believe may be relevant for you as well as improve our own products and services, including the functionality and performance of our websites. To learn more about opting out of certain types of targeted advertising, please see the “Managing cookies and opting out” section above.
Do-Not-Track: Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions at the DAA and the Network Advertising Initiative websites.
How we secure your information
We take commercially reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. To do this, technical, physical and organizational security measures are put in place to protect against any unauthorized access, disclosure, damage or loss of your information. The collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure, however, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect your information.
Managing your preferences and information
If you have opted into an email newsletter or receive offers/marketing from us, please follow the instructions in the email or offer to unsubscribe. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your request.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to websites that are maintained and/or controlled by non-affiliated parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these websites as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not intentionally solicit or collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If we are notified or otherwise discover that a minor’s personal information has been improperly collected, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete that information. In limited instances, we may have a campaign or program targeted toward children. In these instances, details on the information practices will be presented within the terms and conditions of the program or campaign.
How to contact us
For any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or our data privacy practices, please contact us:
- By mail: email@example.com
- By post: One Hamilton Place, Park Lane, London, W1J 7QY
- By phone: + 44 20 7409 3131
To the extent permitted under applicable law, you may also use the above contact details to exercise your privacy rights, for example, to request access to any of your personal information that we hold. These requests will be reviewed and processed in line with applicable law.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
In some instances, we may have to change, modify or amend this Privacy Notice in order to comply with the evolving regulatory environment or the needs of our business. Subject to any applicable legal requirements to provide additional notice, any changes to this Privacy Statement will be communicated through our website. However, if there will be changes made to the use of your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will take appropriate steps to notify you, such as by posting a notice on our website or in our hotel for 30 days prior to the changes taking effect, or by notice provided in information communicated to you as part of your reservation or check-in or by emailing you.
This privacy notice was last updated on 28 June 2021.